"Take control of the administration and management of your web site."
The Drupal Content Management System (CMS) gives you the client full control of your web site eliminating the need to contact your web designer every time you need to update your web site.
So you want to update your price list or post some new photos to your web site - that shouldn't be so hard, right? Quickly update text and images, publish new content, and add new pages to any existing web site in minutes. Ultimately, you will save time and money by updating your existing web site yourself without having to contact your web designer each and every time you need an update to your site.
You don't have to be a web design expert in HTML to be able to add content, upload pictures or make changes on the fly to your site. Anyone in your organization that can use a word processor can be quickly trained on the easy to use Drupal content management system.
Ultimately, this will save you valuable time and money so that you won't have to depend on a webmaster or design firm to make your changes.
Drupal is a free open-source software Third Party Product that is distributed under the General Public License (GPL), and allows an individual or a community of users to easily publish, manage, and organize a wide variety of content on a website. Drupal has quickly becoming a recognized leader in the content management system (CMS) sector for its ease of use, flexibility, and robust capabilities.
Drupal has developed tremendous momentum over the last few years and has been utilized by such brand recognizable names as the United States Government White House (http://www.whitehouse.gov/),Yahoo, eBay, NASA, NATO, MTV, and is a favorite for many of the world’s most prestigious universities (i.e. MIT, Purdue, and University of California Berkeley). Drupal is maintained and developed by a passionate international community of users and developers.
Drupal has an excellent reputation for being a robust, flexible, user friendly, search engine optimization (SEO) friendly platform. Drupal’s goal is to help users manage website content such as web pages, blogs, photos, articles, newsletters, podcasting, forums, peer-to-peer social networking, and file uploads/downloads.
Drupal takes care of the details of how important information is arranged and personalized and lets users focus on the actual content to be displayed.
Drupal has a large community of international support, a proven track record, tight version control, an SEO friendly platform and enhanced security features, all of which guarantee continued modular development and system flexibility including future site design and development and scalability that is virtually unlimited.
The Drupal Content Management System includes a variety of features including, but not limited to:
- The administration and publishing interface is browser-based so that it can be accessed from any computer anytime - anywhere
- Enables non-technical users to easily update information on their website easily
- Create customizable pages
- Keep your content up to date and your visitors coming back
- Image and file uploading functionality
- Edit the HTML code of a page to perform more complex changes and/or to insert new tags
- Add anchors to different sections on your pages
- Create tables to display your new content
- Create and apply new styles
- Edit your styles and change the look of your site quickly
- Use CSS controlled pages
- Create and manage your photo galleries
- Manage member only pages
- Create user accounts
- Assign access privileges to users
- Administrator can specify what content can and cannot be updated
- Supports unlimited user logins and control who has access to which pages
- Reduce website maintenance costs
- CMS has a fully functional shopping cart - e-commerce enabled
- Edit page properties to optimize your web site for indexing on search engines
- Includes site statistics
- Includes training, support and updates as they are developed